...I suspect I may be the luckiest kid in the world

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Rubbish! - No Wait! We can recycle that!


It's times like this that I'm sure all foreigners just shake their head and mutter, 'the swiss.'


I just spent the last 2 hours sorting cardboard from paper and paper from newspaper. And newspaper from cardboard.


Then we bundled it all up into little bundles of joy, I mean recycling.


They waste a lot of string in this country.


And you have to do it right. Or else the recycling pickup people just leave yours there. To embarrass you, I'm sure. In front of all your neighbours, friends, and passer-by-people. Rejected by the recycling committee.


Or else they send you a letter in the mail.


Seriously. It happened to a friend of a friend of mine.


Who would have thought? And that's just the paper/cardboard/newspaper side of things. Tomorrow we deal with the clear glass/green glass/brown glass/tins/cans/plastic bottles.


Such a glamorous life.

3 comments:

  1. : ) Nice to read you blog because it makes me feel i am again in Switzerland where "Ordnung muss sein"
    This is most green country in the world as i heard somewhere and if you do not sort out your garbage you will have to pay a significant bill for it : ) GOOD LUCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find this very funny because our US2 from Oregon is the same way. I have to recycle all the paper I come across at work and then poke it in a small opening in the recycle bin. But not the same opening for cardboard.

    Just don't throw anything away Kylie. Unless absolutely necessary.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete