...I suspect I may be the luckiest kid in the world

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

17 Toothbrushes, And Counting...


I probably really should have called this blog, All About Me, By MLF3 (it even rhymes) but I didn't. It's not supposed to be all about her.
However, I find myself writing yet another blog entry about her. I sort of apologize. But - it's my blog and she makes me laugh so much. So therefore:

She turned 5 last week and her birthday party was today.
We were brushing teeth after lunch (side note: there are 17 toothbrushes in this house! - not including mine!) and she wanted to use MLF2's toothpaste, Junior.

You see, it clearly states on MLF3's toothpaste, Kinder, that it is for until you are 5.
In the past, she would never ever use MLF2's toothpaste because it was too hot. Not even under threat of death.
But today - she was ready, and insisted upon it.
I tried to insinuate that we had 2 tubes of Kinder to use up before she could give up forever, but she didn't take the hint.

2 seconds into brushing she started to give me the eyes.
Bobbing up and down.
Waving her hands around.
Wild hand movements.
Strange vowel sounds coming out of a frothy bubbling mouth.
I listen closely - what is she saying.
Bleh Blah Bleh Blah ..hell.
What? I think. Something about hell?
She repeats: Blah Blah Bleh Blah ...hell.

In German, hell means bright in English. And I don't think she understands hell in English.
After several more attempts (whilst brushing) I understand.
Bleh Blah Bleh Bleh SCHNELL.

Bit hot for you, MLF3? Want to use the Kinder toothpaste tonight?
And tonight: She wisely chose the Kinder toothpaste.
After all, there are still 2 more tubes to use up.

3 comments:

  1. Obviously she has an incredibly good au pair as an example of making good decisions (can't believe I just wrote that out loud!!!! - not sure that even made sense in English, could you try that in Swedish please!) Anyway, please put me out of my misery - why are there 17 toothbrushes in the house? Are there 17 people or is it that they are very attached to said toothbrushes and cannot throw them away??

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your blog Kylie. It's awesome. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah ah ! I love it ! I'm now sharing flat with to other students.... and the guy has 9 toothbrushes for himself !!! he said he needs all of them...

    ReplyDelete