...I suspect I may be the luckiest kid in the world

Thursday, June 25, 2009

4 Cats x 9 Lives

Excuse me, I want my money back. I did not sign up for this. I didn't really want to look after three girls and their three kittens and one cat. I didn't want to know about their half dead birds, half-eaten lizards and headless mice (the kitten's - not the girl's). Nor did I wish to finding puddles of cat pee in the most unusual places or spend a fair amount of time each day looking for a missing kitten to console a sad little girl. I hadn't anticipated becoming fluent in the art of understanding the cat meow and I do not appreciate having to rescue kittens that tried to swim in the toilet. Washing drawer-fulls of clothes just because a kitten or three decided to sleep in there isn't really my cup of tea. I sometimes wonder if the kittens gang up against me - one doing the decoy meow whilst the others jump up on the kitchen table and try to get free food. It's a cat-eat-cat world out there. I will survive.

2 comments:

  1. As long as you know how to love Kyles...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cope with it...Chances are it doesn't like you either....

    ReplyDelete