...I suspect I may be the luckiest kid in the world

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I think I'm in Love




Did I tell you how much I love the moutains here? Yes?
Can I tell you again?
I love it. So much. I can't get enough.

Went for a day trip on Sunday to Appenzell but didn't stay long in the village.
(Women are only allowed to vote in local elections here since 1991! and they still vote through a public assembly by a raising of hands!)

Instead we headed for the top: Hohe Kastern.

I went with my friend Dani (another au pair) and I think all day long we were just opening and closing our mouths in astonishment. It was so beautiful.

We took a cable car up to the top of the mountain and spent quite a few hours walking down. We may have prolonged our trip just a little bit by missing the last PostBus and having to walk to the next Village but we both blame the other for that so it's ok.




2 comments:

  1. Hey Kylie! Good to hear from you (twice now, in fact). Would love to hang out soon. we should email. :) Have a good Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. why didn't you take me here kylie?
    mum

    ReplyDelete