...I suspect I may be the luckiest kid in the world

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Saving the World

Y´all can thank me later.
Today I saved the world.
I saved the world from another sock-and-sandal-wearer. 
MLF3 (7 years) put her sandals on, ready to leave for school.  I managed to keep my recoiled horror under control and took a deep breath.
"Oh.  You´re going to wear your socks with your sandals today?" I squeaked casually.  My voice was abnormally high, but I don´t think she noticed.  Poor kid, I so often speak with ridiculous accents and quote movie lines at her that it all comes normally now.
She nodded with a shrug.  Why not?  I mean, the blue stripey bed socks with the 3/4 jeans and the sandals...it´s cool, right?
Thankfully, she looked for confirmation at MLF2 (11 years), who shook her head with a look of sadness.  Or was that disgust.
Even more thankfully, she peeled off those socks and braved the day (close to 30 degrees!) wearing sandals without socks.
Saving the world.  It´s just what I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment