...I suspect I may be the luckiest kid in the world

Sunday, January 25, 2009

the beginning

welcome. this shall be the start of my blogging attempt. the narration start of my adventure to switzerland and beyond.
in four weeks today i leave for the land of all things chocolate, cheese and watches. at least, that's what i've been told. having never been there its a complete step into the unknown. rather nervous about it all but excited just the same.
im currently attempting to brush up on my non-existant german and reading travel brochures about the many sights and scenes of europe. all with great anticipation.
i've found myself a new family in switzerland - in a town about 15 minutes south of zurich. i will be an au pair for their 3 girls (4, 7, 10 y.o.) and i'm really looking forward to meeting them and being a part of their world for 12 months.
four weeks to go and counting - swiss chocolate here i come.

1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    I saw you are now stalking my blog ; )

    Thank you!

    Your Switzerland adventure sounds really exciting. I'm excited to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete